Friday, December 5, 2008

Pudge's Steaks and Hoagies

The best Philly Cheesesteak sandwich I ever had was from Pudge's in Blue Bell, PA.


1530 Dekalb Pike Blue Bell, PA 19422 (see map below) (610) 277-1717 http://www.pudgessteaks.com/

A few years back, we were visiting niece's family in Blue Bell, PA. When it came to dinnertime on the day we were there, my nieces' husband, Jim, Knowing how much I loved Philly CheeseSteaks, drove over to Pudge's and picked 6 or 7 large sandwiches for all of us.

When he returned, I was starving, having been thinking about the sandwich. I opened mine up and it was huge....lots of meat, cheese and with lots of onions on top. It looked great...it smelled great. As I bit into the sandwich, I chewed slowly, enjoying every bite of it.

I had eaten many cheesteaks over the years and hadn't had one this good since we ate at the Farmer's Market in LA. a long time ago. Very similar to this, but I really have to say that this cheesteak I was eating had to be the best ever. Nothing can really compare to it anywhere. Even in California, nothing comes close. That was a sandwich we would be talking about for years and I would have to wait a long time to eat another sandwich from this place, since we live on the West Coast, 2700 miles from Pudge's. And it is this cheesteak that I compare everyone I heat with. Nothing close yet.

No comments: