Friday, January 30, 2009

The Blogmaster Speaks

I remember the first Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches I ever had. I lived in Trenton, New Jersey and our neighborhood had picnics during the summer and they served up cheesesteaks there and they were pretty decent. But then again, I was only around 12-13 years old at the time and I probably hadn't tasted that one-great-Philly Cheesesteak yet and didn't know one from another. They were good and I recall that they had these large kegs of Birch Beer and I would drink that along with eating.

I've lived in California now for the past 35 years and take trips periodically back east. The best darndest Philly I ever had has to be from Pudge's in Blue Bell. Gigantic, delicious and overflowing with peppers and onions. A number of years ago, I found that there was a place (gone for quite a while now) at the Farmer's Market in L.A. that served up one almost as good as that. I live in the Bay Area near SF and great cheesesteaks are hard to find.

No comments: